Wednesday 11 December 1907US date format: 12/11/1907, UK date format: 11/12/1907
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 11, 1907). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rumer Godden and Norbert Rosseau.
Laughing Gas, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 December 1907
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1907!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1907 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Rumer Godden: Novelist.
- Norbert Rosseau: composer.
- Stig Egede-Nissen: Norwegian actor and naval officer.
- Jean Braillon: France Scientist.
- The New Zealand Parliament Buildings are almost completely destroyed by fire.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1907 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- My Dear - Harry Macdonough
- Auld Lang Syne - Frank Stanley