Wednesday December 11, 1907
US date format: 12/11/1907, UK date format: 11/12/1907
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see birth chart on December 11, 1907). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Norbert Rosseau and Jean Braillon.
Ben Hur, directed by Sidney Olcott, Frank Oakes Rose, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of December 11, 1907?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- See more
- The New Zealand Parliament Buildings are almost completely destroyed by fire.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 11, 1907?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Frank Stanley - Auld Lang Syne
- Harry Macdonough - My Dear