Tuesday 11 December 1956
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 11, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lani Brockman and Andrew Lansley.
In UK Just Walkin' In The Rain by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
Baby Doll, directed by Elia Kazan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Much Ado About Me by Fred Allen was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Wedding Day.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 December 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1956!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1956 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Lani Brockman: American actress and director founded Studio East.
- Andrew Lansley: English politician Secretary of State for Health.
- Anti-Russian demonstrations in Stettin and Wroclaw, Poland.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1956 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?