Wednesday 11 December 1946
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 11, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Thorwald Dethlefsen and Neil Mackie.
Enamorada, directed by Emilio Fernández, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Play the Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 December 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1946!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1946 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Thorwald Dethlefsen: German pro astrologer, a popular occultist, psychologist, reincarnation-therapist and published author.
- Neil Mackie
- Martin Stone: Guitarist.
- Teri Garr in Lakewood: Ohio, USA; actress (Mr Mom, Young Frankenstein).
- Diana Palmer: American journalist and author.
- Rhoma Irama: Indonesian singer-songwriter guitarist and actor.
- Susan Kyle (aka Diana Palmer: Susan S. Kyle, Diana Blayne, Katy Currie), American writer.
- Hank Williams begins to record on Sterling label
- Spain suspended from United Nations.
- The United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is established.
- The United Nations severs relations with Franco's Spain and recommends that member countries sever diplomatic relations.
- Léon Blum founds a government of socialist parties in France.
- Iranian troops recapture the Azerbaijan province and the Kurdish Republic of Mahabad, both of which had seceded earlier in the year.