Tuesday 11 December 1917
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
New York Luck, directed by Edward Sloman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while Wildfire by Zane Gre was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1917!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1917 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 December
- 13 black soldiers hanged for alleged participation in Houston riot
- German-occupied Lithuania proclaims independence from Russia.
- British General Edmund Allenby enters Jerusalem on foot and declares martial law.
- British troops take Jerusalem from the Ottoman Empire in the Battle of Jerusalem.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- That's the Kind of a Baby for Me - Eddie Cantor
- Sailin' Away on the Henry Clay - American Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?