Friday 11 January 1924
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 11, 1924). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Roger Guillemin and Don Cherry (singer/golfer).
Wild Oranges, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 January 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1924!
Which were the important events of 11 January 1924 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
- Roger Guillemin: French-American physiologist, a Professor of Medicine and a researcher in experimental medicine and surgery.
- Don Cherry (singer/golfer)
- Slim Harpo: American musician (d. 1970).
- Don Cherry: American singer of traditional pop music, best known for his 1955 hit, "Band of Gold"; and a former amateur and professional golfer.
- Don Cherry in Wichita: Texas, USA; singer (Dean Martin Summer Show).
- Sam Hall: Jr.
- Claude Paillat: French historian, journalist and writer.
- Sam B Hall: American politician (d. 1994).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Rememb'ring - Paul Ash & His Granada Orchestra
- I Love You - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Old-Fashioned Love - Frank Crumit