Saturday 11 February 1939
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 11, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gerry Goffin and Bryan Gould.
Six-Gun Rhythm, directed by Sam Newfield, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Vine Street.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 February 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 February 1939!
Which were the important events of 11 February 1939 ?
- World Day of the Sick.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes.
- National Foundation Day in Japan (See Holidays of Japan.)
- National Youth Day in Cameroon.
- Professor Leets' Day in the United States.
- National Inventors' Day in the United States.
- Gerry Goffin: Queens, New York -- Rock lyricist (married Carole King).
- Bryan Gould: New Zealand-English lawyer and politician.
- Jane Yolen: American author and poet.
- Franz Schmidt: Austrian cellist pianist and composer (d. 1939).
- A Lockheed XP-38 flies from California to New York in 7 hours 2 minutes.