Thursday 27 February 1941
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on February 27, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paddy Ashdown and Paddy Ashton.
Meet John Doe, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching Tom and Jerry.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 February 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 February 1941!
Which were the important events of 27 February 1941 ?
- International Polar Bear Day.
- Saint Antigone
- Saint Leander
- First day of Maslenitsa in Russia (2006)
- Saint Honorine
- Dominican Republic - National Day.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honour of the pagan war god Mars were held.
- Saint Gabriel of the Mother of Sorrows
- Paddy Ashdown: British politician born in India; leader of newly formed Dem.
- Paddy Ashton: New Delhi, India -- British MP (Soc / Lib Democrat).
- Sandy Wilson
- William D Byron: U.
- The New Zealand Division cruiser HMS ''Leander'' (1931) sinks Italian armed merchant raider ''Ramb I'' off the Maldives.
- WWII: Bulgaria signs the Tripartite Pact, thus joining the Axis powers.
- W47NV begins operations in Nashville, Tennessee, becoming the first FM radio station.
- Arthur L. Bristol becomes Rear Admiral for the U.S. Navy's Support Force, Atlantic Fleet.