Sunday 9 February 1941
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sheila James Kuehl and Little Tony.
The Strawberry Blonde, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
while Random Harvest by James Hilton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 February 1941!
Which were the important events of 9 February 1941 ?
- Saint Apollonia, patron saint of dentists and dental technicians
- Saint Ansbert of Rouen
- Saint Maroon's Day - Lebanon
- Sheila James Kuehl: Politician / actress (Zelda-Dobie Gillis).
- Little Tony: Italian-born Sammarinese pop singer and actor, who achieved success in Britain in the late 1950s and early 1960s, as the lead singer of Little Tony & His Brothers, before returning to Italy where he continued a successful career as a singer and film actor.
- Sheila Kuehl: American actress lawyer LGBT rights activist and politician.
- British troops conquer El Agheila.
- Winston Churchill, in a worldwide broadcast, tells the United States to show its support by sending arms to the British: quotGive us the tools, and we will finish the job.quot
- WWII: Erwin Rommel arrives in Tripoli.
- Reserve Constable Albert Alexander, a patient at the Radcliffe Infirmary in Oxford, becomes the first person treated with penicillin intravenously, by Howard Florey's team. He reacts positively but there is insufficient supply of the drug to reverse his terminal infection. A successful treatment is achieved during May.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?