Wednesday 19 February 1941
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on February 19, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Gross and Carlos Roque Alsina.
Footsteps in the Dark, directed by Lloyd Bacon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching Tom and Jerry.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 February 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 February 1941!
Which were the important events of 19 February 1941 ?
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Pisces
- Astrology: Can also be last day of sun sign Aquarius depending on the time of birth and the astrologer's viewpoint.
- Chaoflux (Discordianism)
- David Gross: American physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Carlos Roque Alsina: Composer.
- Stephen Dobyns: US author / poet (Cold Dog Soup).
- Jenny Tonge: Baroness Tonge English politician.
- Hamilton Hamilton Harty: Composer / conductor, dies at 61.
- Nazi police attacks and driven away from Koco Amsterdam (by young Jews)
- Nazi raid Amsterdam and round up 429 young Jews for deportation
- February 22 ampndash WWII: Three Nights' Blitz over Swansea, South Wales: Over these 3 nights of intensive bombing, which last a total of 13 hours and 48 minutes, Swansea's town centre is almost completely obliterated by the 896 high explosive bombs employed by the Luftwaffe. A total of 397 casualties and 230 deaths are reported.