Wednesday 19 February 1941
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Carlos Roque Alsina and Stephen Dobyns.
The Lady Eve, directed by Preston Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
while The Sun Is My Undoing by Marguerite Steen was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 February 1941!
Which were the important events of 19 February 1941 ?
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Pisces
- Astrology: Can also be last day of sun sign Aquarius depending on the time of birth and the astrologer's viewpoint.
- Chaoflux (Discordianism)
- Carlos Roque Alsina: Composer.
- Stephen Dobyns: US author / poet (Cold Dog Soup).
- David Gross: American physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Jenny Tonge: Baroness Tonge English politician.
- Hamilton Hamilton Harty: Composer / conductor, dies at 61.
- Nazi police attacks and driven away from Koco Amsterdam (by young Jews)
- Nazi raid Amsterdam and round up 429 young Jews for deportation
- February 22 ampndash WWII: Three Nights' Blitz over Swansea, South Wales: Over these 3 nights of intensive bombing, which last a total of 13 hours and 48 minutes, Swansea's town centre is almost completely obliterated by the 896 high explosive bombs employed by the Luftwaffe. A total of 397 casualties and 230 deaths are reported.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?