Sunday 11 January 1931
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 11, 1931). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ed Hall in Roxbury and Ed Hall.
Beau Ideal, directed by Herbert Brenon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
On TV people were watching Looney Tunes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 January 1931
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1931!
Which were the important events of 11 January 1931 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
- Ed Hall: Roxbury, Massachusetts -- Actor (Dr Bicker-Medical Center).
- Ed Hall in Roxbury: Massachusetts, USA; actor (Dr Bicker - Medical Center).
- Richard Thomas: American banker, the former Chairman of First Chicago NBD Corporation and The First National Bank of Chicago.
- Betty Churcher: Australian painter historian and curator (d. 2015).
- Mary Rodgers: American composer and author (d. 2014).