Saturday 24 January 1931
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Edmond Maire and Kenneth Pitchford.
Millie, directed by John Francis Dillon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
On TV people were watching Looney Tunes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 January 1931
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 January 1931!
Which were the important events of 24 January 1931 ?
- Jim Ross Day - State of Oklahoma
- Roman Catholic Church - Feasts of St. Francis de Sales and Our Lady of Peace
- Roman Empire - first day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra
- Edmond Maire: French trade union official who has a background with the chemical industry.
- Ib Norholm: Composer.
- Kenneth Pitchford: Moorhead Writer.
- Leonard Baker: American historian and author (d. 1984).
- Lars Hörmander: Swedish mathematician and academic (d. 2012).
- Ib Nørholm: Danish composer and organist.