Tuesday 27 January 1931
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Vinson and John Hopkins.
Millie, directed by John Francis Dillon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
On TV people were watching Looney Tunes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 January 1931
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 January 1931!
Which were the important events of 27 January 1931 ?
- UN ? International Holocaust Memorial Day
- Germany ? Gedenktag fnr die Opfer des Nationalsozialismus (Commemoration Day for the Victims of National Socialism).
- Catholicism ? Catholic Schools Week.
- Poland ? Dzie? Pami?ci Ofiar Nazizmu (Memorial Day for the Victims of Nazism).
- Italy ? Giorno della Memoria (Memorial Day).
- Denmark ? Auschwitzdag (Auschwitz Day; commemoration day for the victims of the Holocaust and other genocide).
- Serbia ? St. Sava Day.
- United Kingdom ? Holocaust Memorial Day.
- John Hopkins: Writer.
- Vinson: Lord.
- Rudi Maugeri: rocker (Crew Cuts).
- Bill Cook: American entrepreneur, philanthropist and historic preservationist and one of America's wealthiest men.
- Roger Milliken: American chemist.
- Red Bastien: American wrestler trainer and promoter (d. 2012).
- Gazanfer Özcan: Turkish actor (d. 2009).
- Mordecai Richler: Canadian author and screenwriter (d. 2001).
- Nigel Vinson: Baron Vinson English lieutenant and businessman.
- Nishinoumi Kajiro II: Japanese sumo wrestler, the 25th Yokozuna (Born 1880).