Monday 5 January 1931
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Walter Davis and Robert Duvall in San Diego.
The Naughty Flirt, directed by Edward Cline, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
On TV people were watching Myndell Louis (1931 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 1931!
Which were the important events of 5 January 1931 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Walter Davis: United States -- Running high jumper (1952 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Robert Duvall in San Diego: California, USA; American actor and director (Great Santini, Taxi Driver).
- Alfred Brendel in Wiesenberg: Austria; one of the leading pianists of the world.
- Joan Coxsedge: Australian politician.
- Alvin Ailey: American black gay choreographer, dancer and director, the founder of the famous Alvin Ailey Dance Theater.
- Aaron Cohen: American senior government official, who served as Acting Deputy Administrator of NASA between 19 February 1992 and 1 November 1992.
- Walt Davis: American sportsman, an Olympic gold medalist in the high jump, and later basketball player.
- Gérard Defois: French ecclesiastic and Roman Catholic monsignor. He served as a Dr. of Theology and Professor of Sociology, rector of the Catholic University of Lyons 1984-90. Defois was the author of many works, including a biography of Jean-Paul II, 1989.
- Robert Duvall: American Oscar-winning actor, director, writer, and producer, called by many as one of the greatest actors. A veteran of more than 33 movies, 60 stage plays and dozens of TV shows, he has had five Oscar nominations and won the Academy Award for "Tender Mercies," in 1983. He directed, starred, and wrote Oscar-nominated "The Apostle," in 1998, (believing in it's success so strongly that he sank $5 million of his own money into the movie.) He is also known for the role of Mafia consigliore in "The
- Jean-Baptiste Neron: French homicide; strangled his friend on 7/17/1984.
- Alfred Brendel: Austrian pianist poet and author
- 1st woman to purchase a baseball team Lucille Thomas purchases Topeka franchise in the Western League
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 5 January 1931
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?