Monday 5 January 1931
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 5, 1931). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Duvall and Gérard Defois.
Beau Ideal, directed by Herbert Brenon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
On TV people were watching Looney Tunes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 January 1931
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 1931!
Which were the important events of 5 January 1931 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Robert Duvall: American Oscar-winning actor, director, writer, and producer, called by many as one of the greatest actors.
- Gérard Defois: French ecclesiastic and Roman Catholic monsignor.
- Alvin Ailey: American black gay choreographer, dancer and director, the founder of the famous Alvin Ailey Dance Theater.
- Alfred Brendel: Austrian pianist poet and author.
- Aaron Cohen: American senior government official, who served as Acting Deputy Administrator of NASA between 19 February 1992 and 1 November 1992.
- Walter Davis: United States -- Running high jumper (1952 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Jean-Baptiste Neron: French homicide; strangled his friend on 7/17/1984.
- Walt Davis: American sportsman, an Olympic gold medalist in the high jump, and later basketball player.
- Robert Duvall in San Diego: California, USA; American actor and director (Great Santini, Taxi Driver).
- Alfred Brendel in Wiesenberg: Austria; one of the leading pianists of the world.
- Joan Coxsedge: Australian politician.
- 1st woman to purchase a baseball team Lucille Thomas purchases Topeka franchise in the Western League