Friday 16 January 1931
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 16, 1931). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Johannes Rau and Robert L Park.
Seas Beneath, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
On TV people were watching Looney Tunes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 January 1931
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1931!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1931 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Johannes Rau: German politician, President of Germany from 1 July 1999 to 30 June 2004.
- Vladimir Skutina: Writer playwright / journalist.
- Robert L Park: American physicist.
- John Enderby: English physicist and academic.
- Robert Park: American physicist and academic.
- Bradman scores 223 Australia vs. WI, 297 mins, 26 fours