Friday 16 January 1931
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Johannes Rau and Robert L Park.
Seas Beneath, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
On TV people were watching Looney Tunes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 January 1931
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1931!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1931 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Johannes Rau: German politician, President of Germany from 1 July 1999 to 30 June 2004.
- Vladimir Skutina: Writer playwright / journalist.
- Robert L Park: American physicist.
- John Enderby: English physicist and academic.
- Robert Park: American physicist and academic.
- Bradman scores 223 Australia vs. WI, 297 mins, 26 fours