Monday 26 January 1931
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bernard Panafieu and Alfred Lynch.
Millie, directed by John Francis Dillon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
On TV people were watching Looney Tunes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 January 1931
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1931!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1931 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Bernard Panafieu: French Roman Catholic Cardinal, proclaimed Cardinal-Priest of San Gregorio Barbarigo alle Tre Fontane in the consistory on 21 October 2003 by Pope John Paul II.
- Alfred Lynch
- Mary Murphy: Washington, DC -- Actress (A Man Alone, Maggie-Investigators).
- Hungary-Austria sign peace treaty