Monday 26 January 1931
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mary Murphy and Bernard Panafieu.
Fighting Caravans, directed by Otto Brower, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
On TV people were watching Myndell Louis (1931 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1931!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1931 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Mary Murphy: Washington, DC -- Actress (A Man Alone, Maggie-Investigators).
- Bernard Panafieu: French Roman Catholic Cardinal, proclaimed Cardinal-Priest of San Gregorio Barbarigo alle Tre Fontane in the consistory on 21 October 2003 by Pope John Paul II.
- Hungary-Austria sign peace treaty
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 26 January 1931
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?