Thursday 22 January 1931
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sam Cooke and Claude Poperen.
Millie, directed by John Francis Dillon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
On TV people were watching Looney Tunes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 January 1931
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 January 1931!
Which were the important events of 22 January 1931 ?
- New Zealand - Wellington Anniversary.
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Vincent.
- Sam Cooke: American performer with incredible singing talent, whose mixture of pop and gospel laid the foundations for the rise of modern soul music.
- Claude Poperen
- Sam Cooke in Clarksdale: Mississippi, USA; American gospel and blues singer ("You Send Me", "Another Saturday Night", "Twisting The Night Away") (dies 1964).
- Fletcher Jones: American businessman, computer pioneer and thoroughbred racehorse owner.
- Paul Cassagne: France sport Champion.
- Galina Zybina: in USSR; discus thrower (15 world records between 1952-58).
- Alma Rubens: American actress (Born 1897).
- VARA begins experimental TV broadcast in Diamantbeurs, Amsterdam.
- French government of Theodore Steeg falls.