Wednesday 7 January 1931, Orthodox Christmas
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 7, 1931). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mack Mattingly American politician (Senator-Republican-Georgia and Jacque Mercer.
Beau Ideal, directed by Herbert Brenon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
On TV people were watching Looney Tunes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 January 1931
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 1931!
Which were the important events of 7 January 1931 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- Mack Mattingly American politician (Senator-Republican-Georgia: 1981-86).
- Jacque Mercer: American model who was Miss America in 1949.
- Ray Semproch: American baseball player, a right-handed pitcher with the Philadelphia Phillies, Detroit Tigers and Los Angeles Angels from 1958 to 1961.
- Mirja Hietamies: Finnish skier (d. 2013).
- Guy Menzies flies the first solo non-stop trans-Tasman flight (from Australia to New Zealand) in 11 hours and 45 minutes, crash-landing on New Zealand's west coast.