Friday 11 April 1941
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ellen Goodman and David Lyle Boren American politician (Senator-Democrat-Oklahoma.
The Devil and Miss Jones, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
while This Above All by Eric Knight was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 April 1941!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 11 April 1941 ?
- Saint Stanislas
- Juan Santamarfa Day, anniversary of his death in the Battle of Rivas (State holiday in Costa Rica).
- Saint Godeberta
- Saint Gemma of Lucca
- The Feast Day of Martyr Antipas in the Greek Orthodox Church.
- Saint Danidl of Grimbergen
- Ellen Goodman: American Pulitzer-prize winning writer and columnist whose commentary appears in well over 250 newspapers across the United States.
- David Lyle Boren American politician (Senator-Democrat-Oklahoma: 1979-).
- Frederick "Rick" Hauck in Long Beach: California, USA; astronaut (STS-7, STS 51-A, STS-26).
- Lewis Platt: Business Executive.
- Shirley Stelfox: English actress (d. 2015).
- Jewish Weekly newspaper taken control by Nazis
- Nazi occupiers in the Netherlands confiscate Jewish assets
- Germany blitzes Conventry, England.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?