Saturday 11 October 1947
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 11, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Etienne Barilier and Lucas Papademos.
Return of the Bad Men, directed by Ray Enright, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching The Handle Bar.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 October 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 October 1947!
Which were the important events of 11 October 1947 ?
- Lucas Papademos: Greek economist and politician 183rd Prime Minister of Greece.
- Etienne Barilier
- Al Atkins: English singer-songwriter (Judas Priest).
- Thomas Boswell: American journalist and author.
- George McCorkle: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Marshall Tucker Band) (d. 2007).
- Alan Pascoe: English hurdler.
- Brazil and Chile break diplomatic relations with USSR
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1947 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Larry Green & His Orchestra - Near You
- I Wish I Didn't Love You So - Dinah Shore
- Civilization (Bongo, Bongo, Bongo) - Louis Prima & His Orchestra
- Kate (Have I Come Too Early Too Late) - Eddy Howard & His Orchestra