Monday 20 October 1947
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 20, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bernard Lapasset and Angela Brambati.
Body and Soul, directed by Robert Rossen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Meet the Press.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 October 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 October 1947!
Which were the important events of 20 October 1947 ?
- October 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day - the B�b
- French Republican Calendar - Orge (Barley) Day, twenty-ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Bernard Lapasset
- Angela Brambati: Italian singer, a member of Italian pop music group 'Ricchi e Poveri' (The Rich and Poor).
- HUAC opens hearings into alleged Communist influence in Hollywood
- Radio rights for the World Series sell for $475,000 for 3 years
- The House Un-American Activities Committee begins its investigation into Communist infiltration of Hollywood, resulting in a blacklist that prevents some from working in the industry for years.
- United States of America and Pakistan establish diplomatic relations for the first time.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1947 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Mickey - Ted Weems & His Orchestra
- I Wish I Didn't Love You So - Dick Haymes
- Kokomo, Indiana - Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra
- Dinah Shore - You Do