Saturday 18 October 1947
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Luc Journet and John Johnson.
Forever Amber, directed by Otto Preminger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching The Handle Bar.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 1947!
Which were the important events of 18 October 1947 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
- Luc Journet: Belgian Physician (Order of Zonnetempel).
- John Johnson: NBA basketball player (Seattle SuperSonic).
- Laura Nyro in the Bronx: New York, USA; singer/songwriter ("Eli's Coming", "Stoney End").
- Joe Egan: Scottish musician who formed the group Stealer's Wheel with his long-time friend Gerry Rafferty.
- François Boureau: French physician specializing in neurophysiology and in the treatment of pain.
- Luc Jouret: Belgian-Canadian cultist, born in Zaire, the charismatic leader of the Solar Temple Order. He was held responsible for the violent death, a mass murder of collective suicide, of 53 of his following, 48 in Switzerland and 5 in Canada, on 10/04/1994.
- Laura Nyro: American singer-songwriter, Nyro began her song-writing career early. At age 17, she had already written, "And When I Die," made popular by Peter, Paul and Mary and later by Blood, Sweat and Tears.
- Paul Elliott: Comedian
- Paul Chuckle: English comedian actor and screenwriter
- Job Cohen: Dutch scholar and politician Mayor of Amsterdam
- Joe Morton: NYC, New York -- Actor (Hal-Grady, Abel Marsh-Another World)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 October 1947
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1947 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Civilization (Bongo, Bongo, Bongo) - Jack Smith
- The Lady from 29 Palms - Andrews Sisters
- An Apple Blossom Wedding - Eddy Howard & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?