Thursday 23 October 1947
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 23, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Danièle Dubroux and Max Guazzini.
Body and Soul, directed by Robert Rossen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Meet the Press.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 October 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 1947!
Which were the important events of 23 October 1947 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
- Danièle Dubroux
- Max Guazzini: French entrepreneur and until June 2011 the president of the Stade Français rugby union club of Paris, who compete in the top division of rugby union in France, the Top 14.
- Haley Barbour: Politician.
- Kazimierz Deyna: Polish footballer (d. 1989).
- Husband and wife Dr Carl Cori and Dr Gerty Cori are 1st spouses to be awarded joint Nobel Prizes
- NAACP petition on racism, "An Appeal to the World" presented to United Nations.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1947 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Mickey - Ted Weems & His Orchestra
- I Wish I Didn't Love You So - Dick Haymes
- Kokomo, Indiana - Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra
- Dinah Shore - You Do