Thursday 16 October 1947
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 16, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Zucker and Thokozile Masipa.
Christmas Eve, directed by Edwin L. Marin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching The Handle Bar.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 October 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 October 1947!
Which were the important events of 16 October 1947 ?
- David Zucker: American film producer, director, screenwriter and actor, who produced and directed hugely successful comedies in the '80s and '90s that included "Airplane," 1980, "The Naked Gun: From the File of Police Squad," 1988 and "The Naked Gun 2-l/2: The Smell of Fear," 1991.
- Thokozile Masipa
- Terry Griffiths: Welsh snooker player and coach.
- Bob Weir: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Grateful Dead The Other Ones Bobby and the Midnites Kingfish RatDog Furthur and The Dead).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1947 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- An Apple Blossom Wedding - Eddy Howard & His Orchestra
- Civilization (Bongo, Bongo, Bongo) - Jack Smith
- The Lady from 29 Palms - Andrews Sisters