Thursday 9 October 1947
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 9, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include France Gall and Sally Chisholm.
Return of the Bad Men, directed by Ray Enright, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching The Handle Bar.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 October 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 October 1947!
Which were the important events of 9 October 1947 ?
- France Gall: French and international popular "yé-yé" singer, daughter of Robert Gall, songwriter, and Cécile (whose father was Paul Berthier, co-founder of "Les Petits Chanteurs à la Croix de Bois").
- Sally Chisholm: American musician, violist for the Pro Arte Quartet, founder of the award-winning Thouvenal Quartet and professor of viola.
- John Doubleday: English sculptor and painter.
- William E McAnulty: Jr.
- Tony Zappone: American photographer and journalist.
- High Button Shoes opens at Century Theater NYC for 727 performances
- 1st telephone conversation between a moving car and a plane
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1947 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Near You - Larry Green & His Orchestra
- Dinah Shore - I Wish I Didn't Love You So
- Civilization (Bongo, Bongo, Bongo) - Louis Prima & His Orchestra
- Kate (Have I Come Too Early Too Late) - Eddy Howard & His Orchestra