Friday 3 October 1947
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 3, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michele Profeta and 7th Earl of Bradford.
Green Dolphin Street, directed by Victor Saville, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Kukla, Fran and Ollie.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 October 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 October 1947!
Which were the important events of 3 October 1947 ?
- Michele Profeta: Italian suspected serial killer, arrested in Padua 2/16/2001, though proclaiming his innocence.
- 7th Earl of Bradford: English large landowner / multi-millionaire.
- John Barlow: American poet songwriter blogger and activist.
- Ben Cauley: American trumpet player and songwriter (The Bar-Kays) (d. 2015).
- Ward Churchill: Educator.
- Anne Dorte: Anne Dorte of Rosenborg (d. 2014).
- Takis Michalos: Greek water polo player and coach (d. 2010).
- Fred DeLuca: American businessman co-founded Subway (d. 2015).
- Under the Counter opens at Shubert Theater NYC for 27 performances
- WMAL (now WJLA) TV channel 7 in Washington, DC (ABC) begins
- First telescope lens 200 inches (508cm) in diameter completed.
- With only one out to go, New York Yankees pitcher Floyd Beven gives up a double breaking his world series no-hit bid; it scored two runs and he lost the game (World Series #44).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Near You - Elliot Lawrence & His Orchestra
- An Apple Blossom Wedding - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra (Vocal Don Cornell)