Friday 3 October 1947
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include 7th Earl of Bradford and Michele Profeta.
Nightmare Alley, directed by Edmund Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
while Lydia Bailey by Kenneth Roberts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Seven Arts Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 October 1947!
Which were the important events of 3 October 1947 ?
- 7th Earl of Bradford: English large landowner / multi-millionaire.
- Michele Profeta: Italian suspected serial killer, arrested in Padua 2/16/2001, though proclaiming his innocence.
- John Barlow: American poet songwriter blogger and activist.
- Ben Cauley: American trumpet player and songwriter (The Bar-Kays) (d. 2015).
- Fred DeLuca: American businessman co-founded Subway (d. 2015).
- Anne Dorte: Anne Dorte of Rosenborg (d. 2014)
- Takis Michalos: Greek water polo player and coach (d. 2010)
- Under the Counter opens at Shubert Theater NYC for 27 performances
- WMAL (now WJLA) TV channel 7 in Washington, DC (ABC) begins
- First telescope lens 200 inches (508cm) in diameter completed.
- With only one out to go, New York Yankees pitcher Floyd Beven gives up a double breaking his world series no-hit bid; it scored two runs and he lost the game (World Series #44).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1947 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?