Saturday 25 October 1947
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 25, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Glenn Tipton and Kevin Kline.
Body and Soul, directed by Robert Rossen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Meet the Press.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 October 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 October 1947!
Which were the important events of 25 October 1947 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
- Glenn Tipton: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Judas Priest and The Flying Hat Band).
- Kevin Kline: Actor.
- John Hall: Rocker.
- Coco Robicheaux: American singer-songwriter (d. 2011).
- Under the Counter closes at Shubert Theater NYC after 27 performances
- Bradman scores 156 for South Africa vs. the Indians, 152 mins, 22 fours
- Sam Breadon sells Cards to Robert Hannegan and Fred Saigh for $4M
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1947 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Mickey - Ted Weems & His Orchestra
- I Wish I Didn't Love You So - Dick Haymes
- Kokomo, Indiana - Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra
- Dinah Shore - You Do