Tuesday 12 December 1911
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dore Hoyer and Anna Russell.
Den store flyver, directed by Urban Gad, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Winning of Barbara Worth by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 December 1911!
Which were the important events of 12 December 1911 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mas�'il (Questions) - First day of the 15th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Also see December 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Kenya - Jamhuri Day: Independence Day (from Britain, 1963)
- Anna Russell: composer.
- Dore Hoyer: German dancer and choreographer.
- Margo Jones: American stage director and producer best known for launching the American regional theater movement and for introducing the theater-in-the-round concept in Dallas, Texas.
- Infanta of Spain Maria Cristina: Spanish infanta, the fourth child of Alfonso XIII of Spain and Victoria Eugenie of Battenberg and paternal aunt of King Juan Carlos I..
- Boun Oum: Laotian politician 5th Prime Minister of Laos (d. 1980).
- Delhi replaces Calcutta as the capital of India.
- King George V of the United Kingdom and Mary of Teck are enthroned as Emperor and Empress of India.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Whistling Pete - Billy Golden
- Down by the Old Mill Stream - Harry Macdonough
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?