Tuesday 12 December 1911
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 12, 1911). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Naguib Mahfouz and Val Guest.
Cinderella, directed by George Nichols, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 December 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 December 1911!
Which were the important events of 12 December 1911 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mas�'il (Questions) - First day of the 15th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Also see December 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Kenya - Jamhuri Day: Independence Day (from Britain, 1963)
- Val Guest: Director.
- Naguib Mahfouz: Novelist.
- Anna Russell: composer.
- Dore Hoyer: German dancer and choreographer.
- Margo Jones: American stage director and producer best known for launching the American regional theater movement and for introducing the theater-in-the-round concept in Dallas, Texas.
- Infanta of Spain Maria Cristina: Spanish infanta, the fourth child of Alfonso XIII of Spain and Victoria Eugenie of Battenberg and paternal aunt of King Juan Carlos I..
- Boun Oum: Laotian politician 5th Prime Minister of Laos (d. 1980).
- Delhi replaces Calcutta as the capital of India.
- King George V of the United Kingdom and Mary of Teck are enthroned as Emperor and Empress of India.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1911 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Down by the Old Mill Stream - Harry Macdonough
- Knock Wood - Ada Jones & Walter Van Brunt
- Joy to the World - Trinity Choir
- Oh, You Beautiful Doll - American Quartet