Friday 12 December 1941
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 12, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Covington and Max Baucus.
Remember the Day, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 December 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 December 1941!
Which were the important events of 12 December 1941 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mas�'il (Questions) - First day of the 15th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Also see December 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Kenya - Jamhuri Day: Independence Day (from Britain, 1963)
- Max Baucus: Politician.
- Robert Covington: Drummer / singer.
- Terry Kirkman in Salina: Kansas, USA; rock vocalist/keyboardist (The Association).
- Liesbeth List: Dutch singer, stage actress and television personality.
- Tim Hauser: jazz singer (Manhattan Transfer - "Tuxedo Junction").
- Cesar Basa: Philippine Air Force and World War II hero (Born 1915).
- Russian 20th Army recaptures Soljetsjnogorsk.
- European reservists on Java mobilizes.
- German occupying army do a house search in Paris, France looking for Jews.
- World War II: Fifty four Japanese A6M Zero fighters raid Batangas Field, Philippines. Jesus Villamor and four Filipino fighter pilots fend them off; Cesar Basa is killed.
- Adolf Hitler announces extermination of the Jews at a meeting in the Reich Chancellery
- Hungary and Romania declare war on the United States.
- British India declares war on the Empire of Japan.
- The United States seizes the French ship .
- The Kimura Detachment of the Japanese Imperial forces is occupied in Legaspi, Albay in Eastern Philippines.