Thursday 7 December 1911
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Charles Duncan and Denny Galehouse.
Den store flyver, directed by Urban Gad, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Winning of Barbara Worth by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 December 1911!
Which were the important events of 7 December 1911 ?
- United States - Pearl Harbor Day (observance)
- International Civil Aviation Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ambrose: Memorial
- Charles Duncan: American military, a career Navy man who rose through the ranks to become a four-star Admiral.
- Denny Galehouse: American baseball player, a right-handed pitcher with the Cleveland Indians, Boston Red Sox and St. Louis Browns between 1934 and 1949.
- National Hockey Association forms with New Westminister, Vancouver and Victoria.
- Leslie J Stuart's musical "Betsy" premieres in New York City, New York.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1911 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Small-Town Gal - George M. Cohan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?