Wednesday 6 December 1911
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alfred James and Jacques Richard.
Arrah-Na-Pogue, directed by Sidney Olcott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Prodigal Judge by Vaughan Kester was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1911!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1911 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1911 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Small-Town Gal - George M. Cohan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?