Friday 29 December 1911
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bernard Saint-Hillier and André Claveau.
She, directed by George Nichols, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 December 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 December 1911!
Which were the important events of 29 December 1911 ?
- The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Thomas Becket (optional memorial)
- Bernard Saint-Hillier: French general, who served in World War II and the Algerian War.
- André Claveau: French singer, popular from the 1940s to the 1960s.
- Klaus Fuchs: German physicist and spy (d. 1988).
- San Francisco Symphony is formed.
- Sun Yat-sen becomes the provisional President of the Republic of China; he formally takes office on January 1, 1912.
- Mongolia gains independence from the Qing dynasty.
- The ''Encyclopædia Britannica'' Eleventh Edition is published under American management in England by Cambridge University Press.
- New Zealand-born British physicist Ernest Rutherford deduces the existence of a compact atomic nucleus from scattering experiments.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1911 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- They Always Pick on Me - Ada Jones
- The Oceanna Roll - Arthur Collins
- Make Me Love You Like I Never Loved Before - That Girl Quartet
- Nut Cracker Ballet-Characteristic Dance - Arthur Pryor's Band