Friday 29 December 1911
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 29, 1911). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bernard Saint-Hillier and Sam Levenson.
She, directed by George Nichols, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 December 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 December 1911!
Which were the important events of 29 December 1911 ?
- The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Thomas Becket (optional memorial)
- Bernard Saint-Hillier: French general, who served in World War II and the Algerian War.
- Sam Levenson: Humorist ( Show), dies at 68.
- André Claveau: French singer, popular from the 1940s to the 1960s.
- Klaus Fuchs: German physicist and spy (d. 1988).
- San Francisco Symphony is formed.
- Sun Yat-sen becomes the provisional President of the Republic of China; he formally takes office on January 1, 1912.
- Mongolia gains independence from the Qing dynasty.
- The ''Encyclopædia Britannica'' Eleventh Edition is published under American management in England by Cambridge University Press.
- New Zealand-born British physicist Ernest Rutherford deduces the existence of a compact atomic nucleus from scattering experiments.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1911 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- They Always Pick on Me - Ada Jones
- The Oceanna Roll - Arthur Collins
- Make Me Love You Like I Never Loved Before - That Girl Quartet
- Nut Cracker Ballet-Characteristic Dance - Arthur Pryor's Band