Friday 8 December 1911
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lee J Cobb and Lee J Cobb New York City.
Den store flyver, directed by Urban Gad, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Harvester by Gene Stratton Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1911!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1911 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- Lee J Cobb: Actor (12 Angry Men, On the Waterfront), dies at 64.
- Lee J Cobb New York City: New York; actor (Virginian, 12 Angry Men, On the Waterfront).
- Eug?ne Blum: Diemeringen physician.
- Lee Cobb: American actor (d. 1976).
- Nikos Gatsos: Greek poet and songwriter (d. 1992).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1911 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Small-Town Gal - George M. Cohan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?