Thursday 14 December 1911
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mario Pagotto and Ota Adler.
Cinderella, directed by George Nichols, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 December 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 December 1911!
Which were the important events of 14 December 1911 ?
- R.C. Saints - Memorial of Saint John of the Cross
- Ota Adler: Czech / British fur trader / founder (Federal Trust).
- Mario Pagotto: Italy sport Champion.
- Spike Jones: Long Beach, California -- Composer (In a Secluded Rendesvous).
- Hans von Ohain: German-American physicist and engineer (d. 1998).
- Jerzy Iwanow-Szajnowicz: Greek-Polish swimmer and water polo player (d. 1943).
- South Pole 1st reached, by Norwegian Roald Amundsen
- Roald Amundsen's team, comprising himself, Olav Bjaaland, Helmer Hanssen, Sverre Hassel, and Oscar Wisting, becomes the first to reach the South Pole.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1911 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Down by the Old Mill Stream - Harry Macdonough
- Knock Wood - Ada Jones & Walter Van Brunt
- Joy to the World - Trinity Choir
- Oh, You Beautiful Doll - American Quartet