Tuesday 5 December 1911
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 5, 1911). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alfred Manessier and Virginia Lee Corbin.
The Lost Letter, directed by Mikhail Rakovskiy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 December 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 December 1911!
Which were the important events of 5 December 1911 ?
- Thailand - The King's Birthday, National Day, Father's Day
- Day of the Ninja
- Austria - Krampus
- Also see December 5 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - formerly: Saint Sabas
- Roman festivals - Faunalia celebrated in honor of Faunus (according to Horace, Odes 3.18)
- Belgium, the Netherlands and the UK - Saint Nicholas Eve (whom Dutch speakers call Sinterklaas, which became in other languages Santa Claus)
- Alfred Manessier: Non-figurative French painter, stained glass artist, and tapestry designer, part of the new Paris Schooland the Salon de Mai.
- Virginia Lee Corbin
- W?adys?aw Szpilman: Polish pianist (d. 2000).
- Virginia Corbin: American actor, a child star of the silent film era.
- William Devlin: Scottish actor of stage and screen who made his name when he delivered a stellar performance as King Lear when he was only 22 (1934).
- Władysław Szpilman: Polish pianist and composer (d. 2000).