Saturday 23 December 1911
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Niels Kaj Jerne and George Brasno.
Pinocchio, directed by Giulio Antamoro, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Harvester by Gene Stratton Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1911!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1911 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Niels Kaj Jerne: English-born immunologist, recipient of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine (d. 1994).
- George Brasno: American midget, the brother of fellow midget Olive Brasno.
- James Gregory: Bronx, New York -- Actor (My Favorite Martian, Barney Miller).
- Niels Jerne: English-Danish physician and immunologist Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1994).
- Marie Orav: Estonian chess player (d. 1994).
- Karl L Hoschna composer: dies at age 34.
- Opera I Giojelli Della Madonna is produced (Berlin)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?