Sunday 12 January 1947
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tom Dempsey NFL record-holder (longest field goal and Tom Dempsey.
13 Rue Madeleine, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
while The Miracle of the Bells by Russell Janne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Bristol-Myers Tele-Varieties.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 1947!
Which were the important events of 12 January 1947 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
- Tom Dempsey NFL record-holder (longest field goal: 63 yards).
- Tom Dempsey: American pro football player, a placekicker in the National Football League for the New Orleans Saints (1969–1970), Philadelphia Eagles (1971–1974), Los Angeles Rams (1975–1976), Houston Oilers (1977) and Buffalo Bills (1978–1979).
- Richard Carwardine: English historian and academic.
- Sally Hamwee: Baroness Hamwee English politician.
- Jonas Cohn: German / English philosopher (Wertwissenschaft), dies at 77.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1947 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- A Gal in Calico - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Eve Young)
- Johnny Mercer - Huggin' and a-Chalkin'
- A Gal in Calico - Bing Crosby
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?