Friday 12 October 1906
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 12, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Piero Taruffi and Anderl Heckmair.
Target Practice, directed by Richmond Riedel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 October 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 October 1906!
Which were the important events of 12 October 1906 ?
- El Dia de la Raza - Latin America.
- French Republican Calendar - Chanvre (Hemp) Day, twenty-first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Columbus Day (traditionally) - United States.
- Spain - Hispanic Day, National Day
- Malawi - Mother's Day
- Equatorial Guinea - Independence Day (from Spain, 1968)
- Also see October 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Our Lady of the Pillar (Zaragoza, Spain); Saint Wilfrid
- St. Fiace
- Roman festivals - Fortuna Redux, last day of the Ludi Augustales
- St. Domnina
- St. Seraphinus
- St. Amicus
- St. Edistius
- Bl. Camillus Constanzi
- St. Edwin
- St. Wilfrid
- St. Felix and Cyprian
- St. Heribert
- St. Maximilian of Lorch
- Piero Taruffi: Italian race car driver in the Formula One series.
- Anderl Heckmair
- Willy Hess: Composer.
- Joe Cronin baseball (Pittsburgh Pirates: Boston Red Sox, Senators, Most Valuable Player 1930, American League Pres).
- Charles Revson: Businessman.
- Joseph Cronin: San Francisco sports Champions.
- John Murray: American playwright and producer (d. 1984).
- Joe Cronin: American baseball player, baseball official, president of american league of baseball; debut, right-handed.
- Edmund Charles Wolf Myers: Soldier / engineer.