Monday 22 October 1906
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marcel Ichac and Sidney Kingsley.
Getting Evidence, directed by Edwin S. Porter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 October 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 October 1906!
Which were the important events of 22 October 1906 ?
- Marcel Ichac: French alpinist, explorer, photographer and film director.
- Cornelis L "Kees" van Baaren: Dutch composer (Willem Pijper).
- Sidney Kingsley: US playwright (One in White, Darkness at Noon).
- Charles Bernardin: Toulouse physician.
- Kees van Baaren: Dutch composer and educator (d. 1970).
- Paul Cezanne: French painter (Born 1839).
- 3000 blacks demonstrate and riot in Philadelphia.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1906 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Is Your Mother in, Molly Malone? - Billy Murray
- Love Me and the World is Mine - Harry Anthony
- While the Old Mill Wheel is Turning - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)
- Casey at the Bat - DeWolf Hopper
- I Don't KNow Where I'm Goin', but I'm on My Way - Arthur Collins