Tuesday 30 October 1906
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hermann Fegelein and Nino Farina.
while The House of a Thousand Candles by Meredith Nicholson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 October 1906!
Which were the important events of 30 October 1906 ?
- St. Marcel
- Bl. John Slade
- St. Theonestus
- St. Talacrian
- St. Herbert
- St. Serapion
- USA - Mischief Night in some areas (known as Devil's Night in Detroit)
- St. Macarius
- Also see October 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Zenobius & Zenobia
- St. Saturninus
- St. Dorothy of Montau
- St. Artemas
- St. Arilda
- St. Alfonso Rodrfguez
- Calendar of Saints - October 30th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Bl. Angelus of Acri
- St. Maximus
- Hermann Fegelein: German military, a Nazi SS General married to Hitler's sister Gretl.
- Nino Farina: Italian racing driver who stands out in the history of Grand Prix motor racing for his much-copied "straight-arm" driving style and his status as the first ever Formula One World Champion.
- Giuseppe Farina: Italian race car driver (d. 1966).
- Alexander Gode: German-American linguist and translator (d. 1970).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1906 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Is Your Mother in, Molly Malone? - Billy Murray
- While the Old Mill Wheel is Turning - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)
- Casey at the Bat - DeWolf Hopper
- I Don't KNow Where I'm Goin', but I'm on My Way - Arthur Collins
- Love Me and the World is Mine - Harry Anthony
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?