Saturday 6 October 1906
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Janet Gaynor and Lord James Leechman.
while The House of a Thousand Candles by Meredith Nicholson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1906!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1906 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Janet Gaynor: American actress who made 34 films from 1926-1938 including "A Star is Born," 1937.
- Lord James Leechman
- Louis Borell: Amsterdam, Holland -- Actor (Over the Moon, Queer Cargo).
- James Leechman: Scottish judge, the Queen's Counsel in 1949 and High Court Judge.
- Giuseppe Brignole: Italy Military man.
- Taffy O'Callaghan: Welsh footballer and coach (d. 1946).
- The Majlis of Iran convenes for the first time.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1906 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Peaches and Cream - Len Spencer & Ada Jones
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?