Saturday 6 October 1906
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 6, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Janet Gaynor and Lord James Leechman.
Target Practice, directed by Richmond Riedel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 October 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1906!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1906 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Janet Gaynor: American actress who made 34 films from 1926-1938 including "A Star is Born," 1937.
- Lord James Leechman
- Louis Borell: Amsterdam, Holland -- Actor (Over the Moon, Queer Cargo).
- James Leechman: Scottish judge, the Queen's Counsel in 1949 and High Court Judge.
- Giuseppe Brignole: Italy Military man.
- Taffy O'Callaghan: Welsh footballer and coach (d. 1946).
- The Majlis of Iran convenes for the first time.