Tuesday 2 October 1906US date format: 10/2/1906, UK date format: 2/10/1906
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 2, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Saïd Boualam and Willy Ley.
Target Practice, directed by Richmond Riedel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 October 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1906!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1906 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- Saïd Boualam
- Willy Ley: German-born rocket scientist (Born 1906).
- Robert Vattier: French actor.
- John Humphreys Whitfield: Scholar of Italian language and literature.
- Willie Ley: German-American science writer, lecturer and rocket engineer.
- August Komendant: Estonian-American engineer and academic (d. 1992).
- Tommy Burns KOs Jim Burns in 15 for heavyweight boxing title