Thursday 25 October 1906
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 25, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Primo Carnera and Bets Dekens.
Getting Evidence, directed by Edwin S. Porter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 October 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 October 1906!
Which were the important events of 25 October 1906 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
- Primo Carnera: Italian world heavyweight boxing champ 1933-1934 who was called "the ambling ape.
- Bets Dekens: Dutch discus thrower, who competed at the 1928 Summer Olympics and finished in 17th place with her all-time best throw of 29.
- Jose Figueres Ferrer: Served as President of Costa Rica on three occasions: 1948–1949, 1953–1958, and 1970–1974.
- US inventor Lee de Forest patents Audion, a 3-diode amplification valve which proved a pioneering development in radio and broadcasting
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1906 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Is Your Mother in, Molly Malone? - Billy Murray
- Love Me and the World is Mine - Harry Anthony
- While the Old Mill Wheel is Turning - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)
- Casey at the Bat - DeWolf Hopper
- I Don't KNow Where I'm Goin', but I'm on My Way - Arthur Collins