Saturday 12 October 1907
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Wolfgang Fortner and Jean-Louis Tixier-Vignancour.
Mister Wiskey, directed by Eugene Py, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
while The Brass Bowl by Louis J. Vance was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 October 1907!
Which were the important events of 12 October 1907 ?
- El Dia de la Raza - Latin America.
- French Republican Calendar - Chanvre (Hemp) Day, twenty-first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Columbus Day (traditionally) - United States.
- Spain - Hispanic Day, National Day
- Malawi - Mother's Day
- Equatorial Guinea - Independence Day (from Spain, 1968)
- Also see October 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Our Lady of the Pillar (Zaragoza, Spain); Saint Wilfrid
- St. Fiace
- Roman festivals - Fortuna Redux, last day of the Ludi Augustales
- St. Domnina
- St. Seraphinus
- St. Amicus
- St. Edistius
- Bl. Camillus Constanzi
- St. Edwin
- St. Wilfrid
- St. Felix and Cyprian
- St. Heribert
- St. Maximilian of Lorch
- Wolfgang Fortner: German composer, composition teacher and conductor.
- Jean-Louis Tixier-Vignancour: French lawyer and nationalist politician.
- Jean Tlxier: Paris 7éme Politician.
- Daniel Vincent: Dortan physician.
- Cubs beat Tigers 4 games to 0 with 1 tie in 4th World Series
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?