Tuesday October 23, 1906
US date format: 10/23/1906, UK date format: 23/10/1906
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on October 23, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Gertrude Ederle and Miriam Gideon.
Getting Evidence, directed by Edwin S. Porter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 23, 1906?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 23, 1906?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Arthur Collins - I Don't KNow Where I'm Goin', but I'm on My Way
- DeWolf Hopper - Casey at the Bat
- Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet) - While the Old Mill Wheel is Turning
- Harry Anthony - Love Me and the World is Mine
- Billy Murray - Is Your Mother in, Molly Malone?