Monday 1 October 1906US date format: 10/1/1906, UK date format: 1/10/1906
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 1, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Albert Cavens and John Lorne Campbell.
Target Practice, directed by Richmond Riedel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 October 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 October 1906!
Which were the important events of 1 October 1906 ?
- Singapore - Children's Day
- Also see October 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Vegetarian Day
- French Republican Calendar - Cuve (Barrel) Day, tenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Tuvalu - Independence Day (from Gilbert Islands (Kiribati), 1975)
- San Marino - two Captains Regent, elected by parliament, take office for six months.
- Nigeria - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- People's Republic of China - National Day (1949)
- RC Church - Feast days of Saint ThTrFse de Lisieux; formerly of Saint Bavo and Saint Remigius
- Republic of Cyprus - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- Albert Cavens: Belgian-born American silent film child actor, who moved to the United States soon after birth and began his career aged eight in a number of films in 1914, including "The Town of Nazareth," also starring Charlotte Burton.
- John Lorne Campbell: Folklorist.
- S Burman: Bangladeshi-Indian singer-songwriter (d. 1975).
- Hugh Jennings resigns as Baltimore Manager to take over at Detroit in 1907
- The Grand Duchy of Finland becomes the first nation to include the right of women to stand as candidates when it adopts universal suffrage.