Tuesday 13 May 1919
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Sudreau .
Broken Blossoms or The Yellow Man and the Girl, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
while The Arrow of Gold by Joseph Conrad was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 May 1919!
Which were the important events of 13 May 1919 ?
- Saint Maria Dominica Mazzarello (died 1881)
- Saint John the Silent
- Saint Gerald of Villamagna
- Saint Robert Bellarmine
- Saint Servatus
- Our Lady of Fatima
- Rotuma Day in Fiji.
- World Fair Trade Day (2006).
- Abbotsbury Garland Day, Dorset, England.
- Commemoration of Julian of Norwich (Anglican).
- Saint Rolanda
- Pierre Sudreau: French politician, education minister under Charles DeGaulle until late September 1962 when he resigned as a protest against a proposed amendment to the French constitution stipulating that French Presidents would be henceforth elected by popular vote.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1919 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Sometime - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
- Byron G. Harlan - How Ya Gonna Keep 'Em Down on the Farm (After They've Seen Paree)
- Marche Francaise - Victor Military Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?