Tuesday 13 April 1920
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Roberto Calvi and Neville Brand.
Allan Quatermain, directed by Horace Lisle Lucoque, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while Kindred of the Dust by Peter B. Kyne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 13 April 1920 ?
- Roberto Calvi: Director (Banco Ambrosiano), hangs himself.
- Neville Brand: American actor on-screen from 1949 in character roles, including "Stalag 17," "Birdman of Alcatraz," "Psychic Killer," and "Swamp Beast," which was produced by Al Fast in 1977.
- Roberto Calvi: Italian financier called "God's Banker" as he was involved in the world of Catholic finance and the Christian Democratic.
- Claude Cheysson: French Socialist politician who served as Foreign Minister in the government of Pierre Mauroy from 1981 to 1984.
- Liam Cosgrave: Irish lawyer and politician 6th Taoiseach of Ireland.
- John LaPorta: American clarinet player and saxophonist (d. 2004).
- 1st woman US Civil Service Commissioner, Helen Hamilton appointed
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- That Naughty Waltz - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
- Mystery - Paul Biese Trio
- Wonderful Pal - Art Hickman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?