Monday 13 December 1920
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Don Taylor (actor/director) and George P.
Outside the Law, directed by Tod Browning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 December 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1920!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1920 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Don Taylor (actor/director)
- Frits Noske: Dutch musicologist (Signifier and the Signified.
- George P: Schultz US Secretary of State (1982-89).
- Kaysone Phomvihane/premier/President: of Laos (Pathet Lao) (1991-92).
- George Shultz: American economist, statesman, and 60th United States Secretary of State.
- Netherlands breaks contact with kingdoms of Serbia, Croatia and Slavia.
- League of nations establishes International Court of Justice in The Hague.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- You're the Only Girl That Made Me Cry - Henry Burr
- The Argentines, the Portugese, and the Greeks - Nora Bayes
- Whispering - Art Hickman & His Orchestra