Monday 13 December 1920US date format: 12/13/1920, UK date format: 13/12/1920
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 13, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Don Taylor (actor/director) and George P. Shultz.
Outside the Law, directed by Tod Browning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 December 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1920!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1920 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Don Taylor (actor/director)
- George P. Shultz: Public Servant.
- Frits Noske: Dutch musicologist (Signifier and the Signified.
- George Schultz: Public Servant.
- Kaysone Phomvihane/premier/President: of Laos (Pathet Lao) (1991-92).
- George Shultz: American economist, statesman, and 60th United States Secretary of State.
- George P: Schultz US Secretary of State (1982-89).
- Netherlands breaks contact with kingdoms of Serbia, Croatia and Slavia.
- League of nations establishes International Court of Justice in The Hague.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- You're the Only Girl That Made Me Cry - Henry Burr
- The Argentines, the Portugese, and the Greeks - Nora Bayes
- Whispering - Art Hickman & His Orchestra