Monday 13 January 1919
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Army Archerd and Robert Stack.
Auction of Souls, directed by Oscar Apfel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
while Dangerous Days by Mary Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1919!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1919 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Army Archerd: Hollywood columnist / TV host (Movie Game).
- Robert Stack: American actor nominated for seven Emmys, winning one in 1960 for his series "The Untouchables.
- Dutch Soccer team OSV forms.
- Worker's councils in Berlin end the general strike Spartacus Week is over.
- Rosa Luxemburg and Karl Liebknecht are murdered following the Spartacist uprising.
- The Boston Molasses Disaster: A wave of molasses released from an exploding storage tank sweeps through Boston, killing 21 and injuring 150.
- Ignacy Jan Paderewski becomes Premier of Poland.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1919 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Al Jolson - Tell That to the Marines
- Beautiful Ohio - Prince's Orchestra
- They'll Be Mighty Proud in Dixie of Their Old Black Joe - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?