Thursday 4 July 1929, US Independence Day
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 4, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include William M Hewitt and Al Davis in Brocton.
I'll Take You Home Again, Kathleen, directed by Not specifed, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 July 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 July 1929!
Which were the important events of 4 July 1929 ?
- Filipino-American Friendship Day
- In astronomy, the approximate date of Earth's aphelion.
- United States and Denmark - Independence Day (1776)
- William M Hewitt
- Chuck Tanner: Baseball player.
- Al Davis in Brocton: Massachusetts, USA; NFL team owner (Los Angeles Raiders).
- Françoise Giret: French actress who died in Paris on 12 August 2003.
- Al Davis: Brocton, Massachusetts -- NFL team owner (LA Raiders).
- Bill Tuttle: American baseball player (d. 1998).
- Otto Taubmann: Composer, dies at 70.